18/06/2014

Anxiety and self-esteem issues

  Today's post will be different. I'm going to talk about my personal story about anxiety and self-esteem.

  Through the last few weeks, my anxiety has been getting worse and I feel constantly quite close of having a panic attack. This is something I've been struggling for years now but had been able to control in the last year. I think we've all been through stressfull moments in our lives, where you feel like if you fail the whole world will collapse down on you. For me, it's the pressure of getting good grades, to be good enough to enter to uni and graduate. But mostly, something is bugging me out: the pressure of doing something I'm not passionate about. Life's too short to waste it on bad choices and wrong turns, don't you think? I feel trapped and small. Lost. That's why I felt like I should publish this.

  Because I'm just an ordinary girl with a handfull of dreams and my anxiety and self esteem keeps holding me back from achieving those dreams. The fact that I constantly think that I'll not be good enough stops me from doing things when really it shouldn't. I know many of you are probably going through the same and being in this situation can be exaustive and it can make you feel really lonely.

  So, if you're reading this, please come out of your shell and remember that you're not alone. And don't think as a cliche, but challenge yourself everyday, even in the smallest things. The world has so much to offer for those who take the risks, those who step fearless out of their comfort zone. So, I'm here to tell you that, if I can do it, so do you.

  Do whatever you want to do, and if you don't reach sucess right away, keep trying because things worth having aren't easy.

  Feel free to talk to me. I hope I've helped even just a little.



  Lots of love, M.



 


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário